Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blame The Poor

I'm a shooter.  I like to go out and punch holes in paper targets with bullets.  My guns do not have bayonets, I do not shoot at representations of people, "enemies", or even animals (as an aside, I'm no longer mobile enough to go over hill and dale to hunt  --  and will never partake in what I call "canned hunts"  --  that's just murder.).

Being a shooter I belong to some online gun lists.  I stay away from politics because a great number of folks on those lists are VERY "conservative"  --  and those that are not tend to stay away from the insane arguments.  I was not always that smart  --  as a result, a number of very popular and very busy lists have banned me for life.

Recently a fairly tame discussion erupted  --  I stayed out of the "discussion".  A few folks actually spoke of REAL "traditional American values"  --  then one person presented a fairly well balanced approach to the "future of The Republic" (many of the "discussions" are of the "the sky is falling" variety).  He was told his ideas were both to the left and to the right, he was told, "you can't have it both ways", when his ideas made sense  --  not as much as I would like, but more balanced than most. 

It's clear to me we no longer even WANT to look for solutions  --  we all want "ideological purity"  --  we are as bad as the most committed Stalinist.

Then some folks chimed in and said ALL our current problems are CAUSED by POOR PEOPLE.

There in a nutshell (and I do mean NUT) is where our problems arise.  The person working two, three jobs to survive is "the problem".  All the poor  - especially if black or brown  --  are now THE CAUSE OF ALL OUR ILLS!!

This is beyond insane.  If YOU do not believe this is insane  --  do some research.  Now, even those who are born on first or second base scream out  --  "look, I hit a single/double" with no understanding of how LUCKY they are.

No comments: