Tuesday, July 27, 2010

my current state

Dear Readers: Although you are few in number, I owe you an apology for my current lack of enthusiasm.

Right now I am beyond cynicism, beyond anger, beyond ..............damn near anything!

The news has begun to read like dispatches from some strange sci-fi novel. We have a Vietnam "time warp", with the release of "secret" documents about our current war. It seems no one has thought to say -- "wow! the military must be really depressed, pissed off, angry, about our current 'progress' in our multiple wars, to leak all this crap."

At the same time, Obama is so damn obedient to his corporate masters that every "stunning, earth shattering, legislative achievement" is greeted with a yawn.

It seems there is either not enough there, or his (lack of) brain trust does not know how to build enthusiasm.

The economy is ready for another tumble, the Republicans oppose EVERYTHING -- and, it looks like people are stupid enough to vote them back into power.

Well, I guess another Republican administration will REALLY "heighten the contradiction".

Bah, humbug, I'm tired of total cynics leading the terminally stupid -- on all sides.

No comments: