Thursday, March 28, 2013

More on "Old" and my anger

Years ago I asked someone how you know when you're old   ---   he answered, "you know you're old when it hurts more to stay in bed than to get up".

I've finally discovered the truth of his words.

Another fact is the extended recovery time after doing what were once "normal" things.

I think my anger at the antics of all our political "leaders", at the way they ALL seem to dismiss the needs of all our "common folk"  --  also known as CITIZENS, is also partially caused by my historical perspective.  I know what worked in our past - I was there.  I also do not have the romantic view of my individual prowess so many old folks seem to have.  Part of that romantic vision is due to the fact there were more OPPORTUNITIES back "in the day".  There were also fewer people, and many of those opportunities were not available to black and brown folks.

If we all do not open up our society, invest in ALL the people, attempt to institute a REAL meritocracy, our great country will fail, exactly the way Austria-Hungary, The Ottoman Empire, and Czarist Russia did.

That would be a disaster for ALL the people  --  including the undeserving rich.

No comments: