Monday, February 24, 2014

Arizona

So, the bill to make discrimination against damn near ANYONE due to "sincerely held religious beliefs" legal passed their legislature and is awaiting Gov. Brewers signature.

Isn't that nice?

Meanwhile some folks who voted FOR this "bill", for this "law", are now having "second thoughts".

To me they seem like FIRST thoughts.  After all, what is there to prevent a Muslim from denying service to a Jew or a Christian?  How about refusing service to a Roman Catholic by a "sincere" Protestant?  From the way this bill is written  --  NOTHING.

To me, it just does not matter.  What does matter is the INTENT.  The "good people" of Arizona appear to believe that it's just plain peachy to deny service to any and all LGBT folks.  They seem to see no problem with it.

As a result this LGBT person will forever boycott Arizona.  I will "pass through" if I must, but will attempt to NEVER spend a penny in the state.  after all, what if I need gas (petrol) and am denied the sale  --  will I be forced to wander in the wilderness with no mode of transportation, no place to stay the night, and no one willing to sell me food?  How would this make the life of ANYONE better?  How will it help these "Christians" protect their religion?  How will it promote the teachings of Jesus?

It's just plain insanity.

My only regret is that I will NEVER get to see The Grand Canyon "in person".  I guess photos and video will have to do. 

No comments: