Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Age

I recently turned 75.  It's neither good nor bad  --  it just is.  One bad thing is that an awful lot of folks I've known over the years are gone.  They are no more - like the parrot in the Monty Python sketch.  Even if I Google them, they do not seem to show up.  It's disappointing to learn that all those folks I was sure were "stars" (of one sort or another) seem not to have been.

Another disappointment involves the way young folks seemingly can't believe much of what I relate of history I was directly involved in.  It seems our taught "history" directly refutes my lived experience.  These young folks really want to believe the teachings that have shaped their world view over the truth I actually experienced.

Those on the right who complain about both the "liberal media" and our "liberal schools" either don't know what "liberal" really means or just want both the schools and media to outright lie.

They teach and repeat lies about our past, our present, and (if you look around a bit) our future. 

I fear our future will be like Sears  --  a company that was once one of our strongest, now a hell hole to work for.

I hope I'm wrong    ---    I fear I'm not.

No comments: