Friday, November 28, 2008

Ended up well!

I've got a cold. A nasty, rotten, cold. One of those things with a sore throat, hacking cough, etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure you've all had such things. It is so bad, I cancelled our reservation for a fancy-schmancy Thanksgiving Dinner.

Suzy, the love of my life, and blogmistress at The Woman Rebel "No Gods, No Masters" saved the day by going out to the market, and making a last minute Turkey Dinner - with a pre-cooked turkey breast, some quick stuffing, peas, rolls, etc.

In truth, it was a better meal than many of the Thanksgiving disasters I've attended over the years ---- a much better meal.

Afterward we went to see "Milk", at the Angelika, here in Dallas. WONDERFUL movie. Sean Penn IS Harvey Milk (I guess that's why they call it "acting"). Suz had met Harvey Milk on many occasions -- she said "even his gestures were near perfect". In addition, the time line was accurate, the depiction of the era was spot on, and the story was well told.

I really, really, enjoyed it ---- and, I wanted to stay home, I was feeling so bad.

All in all, a truly wonderful Thanksgiving

Go see Sean Penn in Milk.

No comments: