Thursday, December 2, 2010

light day today

Slow day for me today on line. Did some yard work, went shopping, etc., etc. Just day to day chores -- it's just that they become a much bigger deal as I age.

Damn!

It really annoys me when what was once a typical busy day now leads to my feeling wiped out.

Next snot-nosed kid who tells me, "Age is just a number.", is going to get my purse across his (or her) head --- well, not really -- I've actually retained SOME impulse control.

It struck me recently -- not that long ago I'd work 10 or so hours, come home, eat, go back out to one or another club, get home LATE (early in the AM - I'd stop at Slim's Bagels just off the LIE, and munch the rest of the way home) - sleep fast, and go back to work.

This was long after I quit drinking - when I was WELL into my fifties.

At about 70 it was as if I hit a wall.

Now, if I were to THINK about doing that, I'd have to rest at least one day (maybe two).

I don't dislike being old(er), it's just that more things take more planning.

We still go to concerts -- there are times I think we are the oldest folks there -- but the next day tends to be a "light" day.

Anyway, more to come tonight -- most likely music ---------------------- if I were to get started on commentary, I'd be up all night. (Damn, isn't McCain a REALLY old fart?)

No comments: