Thursday, March 10, 2011

WHY?

Recently a person I'd never met, a person who had viciously put me down on some older online forums, died. She was not old, and her death could be seen as premature or unfortunate.

I was informed of this by a mutual acquaintance, and it seemed she wanted me to send some "kind words".

Why? Why would I send kind words to someone who never had ONE kind word for me? Why would I send some mealy-mouthed "regrets" to someone who never bothered to get to know anything about me, who went on the fact I SEEMED to dislike her ideology, and totally trashed me?

Where was there a relationship?

What am I "supposed" to feel?

Are people so devoid of integrity that they say words they don't mean about people they don't know?

I do not quite understand that.

Perhaps it's a "convention". Why? Especially when the only interactions I ever had with her consisted of being ATTACKED.

In fact I stopped visiting that site simply because NOTHING I said was "acceptable". It didn't matter the topic, it always went back to some political disagreement -- even "it's a nice day" was fraught with danger - the fight was about to erupt.

The best way to avoid useless fights is to refuse to fight. Sometimes that means to LEAVE -- especially if there is no real purpose involved.

Now, tell me again, WHAT was I "supposed" to say?

No comments: