Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday.  73 today.  Taking the day off  --  not only because it is my birthday, but because I am currently beyond cynicism.  Too much of the same thing - day after day.  CNN, MSNBC, Fox, even Current, constantly bombard us with "not news".  Politics is some sort of game  --  while the real effects on real people are ignored.  If they are not ignored, we can never seem to connect bad outcomes to real everyday policy.

It's ALL ESTABLISHMENT, ALL THE TIME. 

Perhaps the fact I'm old, and not seen to be a desirable demographic has something to do with my going beyond cynicism.  To be a cynic you really have to STILL have some hope.  I no longer do.  Looking back, I can see how it's been the same crap - decade after decade - and folks are still buying it. 

I guess every generation thinks, "it's different THIS time" and, "WE are smarter than those old fools - they won't fool US".  By the time you know different, you are too old to be taken "seriously"  --  UNLESS you are a rich old white guy, of the subset, "Very Serious People"  --  THEN you should NOT be taken seriously.

Have a nice day  --  I'm going to try.

No comments: