Saturday, April 14, 2012

N.Y. Yankees

Yankees lose -- and look terrible doing so. Phil Hughes is not the next great Yankee pitcher. in fact, it would not surprise me if he was put in the bull-pen when Pineda comes back (if he proves to be more than a 1/2 season "phenom").

Good thing Petitte came back. Right now, a rotation of Sabathia, Nova, Hughes, Kuroda, and Garcia does not look like a winner.

I suspect that neither Hughes nor Garcia will be in the rotation come June 15th.

Then again, what do I know? I would have gotten rid of Andrew Jones, kept Posada (if he was willing to be a part time dh), signed Damon instead of Ibanez, and not sent Cervelli down.

Perhaps the fact I just do not like Andrew Jones is driving my "keep Posada" idea. I see Jones as a potentially great player who squandered his gifts..

Anyway, I just hate it when the Yankees lose -- especially when they look bad doing it.

No comments: