Thursday, October 11, 2012

Why Posting Has Been VERY Light

It's getting so that I just can't bear to put up some of the current "news" stories. 

Such as:  Republican candidates supporting slavery.  More anti-women's rights diatribes by insane dominionists.  Violent anti-science crap by educated, MD, SITTING Republican Congressmen, and MORE crap from every anti-marriage-equality, anti-gay, "think tank", "Pastor", Bishop, Cardinal, and G*D knows who else.

as a result, posting has been very light.  The insane haters are finally coming out from under their rocks, they are finally brave enough to try to sell their hate where we can all hear and see them.

It's not a pretty picture.

I didn't think anyone needed me to point out the crap that passes for public discourse these days.  I didn't think you needed me to show how workers in the USA are almost without rights.  I didn't think you needed me to point out that Social Security is NOT "in trouble", that The Post Office is a necessary government function, that PUBLIC EDUCATION is a good thing.

I hope I'm not wrong  --  but, sometimes it seems people would rather believe simplistic crap from charlatans than actually deal with real problems.

It took me a long time to realize the folks who wrap themselves in the flag, The Constitution, and (less so) The Declaration of Independence don't know what it says, don't know what it means, and know nothing about what led to those documents being written the way they were.

We are surrounded by FASCISTS  --  some of whom actually think THEY are "PATRIOTS".

It makes me feel like my head is going to EXPLODE.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to post more.  I want to thank my (few) readers for their patience.



1 comment:

Classof65 said...

I, too, am overwhelmed by what is going on lately and hoping like hell that we can re-elect Obama and then that we can persuade him to do away with the Patriot Act and drones in the US and to pull the troops out of Afghanistan early and not to nuke Iran even though Israel would like us to do so... It's getting to be too much, you know? And that's not even touching upon women's reproductive rights and a Republican House of Reps.