Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday

I hope you all had a good holiday -- as happy as is possible.

We had a very nice peaceful holiday -- in fact we went out and had "Chinese Food for Christmas" (follow link above), even though we are not Jewish.

Food was very good, busy restaurant, all sorts of family groups. When there are just two people it makes a hell of a lot more sense than cooking a huge dinner -- then being too tired and involved with the food to actually enjoy it.

Saturday we actually went shopping -- picked up on some of the holiday sales. Bought some really cheap slippers (first time I've ever had camo slippers -- I guess they make my feet invisible to the cats), a couple of tops, and some 9mm ammo. Not exactly a high end sort of place -- Academy Sports. Have enough fishing tackle, so we didn't get any of that stuff.

I guess my current wardrobe is pretty basic -- jeans, top, some sort of outerwear (if necessary). Oops, can't forget the cap -- just about destroyed the pink Texas Rangers cap, replaced it with a pink N.Y. Yankees cap.

Wear that outfit about 90% of the time -- then I'll wonder why folks tend to remember the two old ladies who seem to be a couple -- one of whom wears a baseball cap most of the time.

Oh well, it's good to be remembered (I think).

Hoping for a quiet and sensible New Year -- no excitement, no new diseases, no major surprises.

How many think that's possible in these "interesting times"?

Just looking over the newspapers leaves me with a sense of foreboding about our economic future.

I sure hope I'm wrong

I hope all y'all have had, and continue to have, a peaceful, hopeful, holiday season.

No comments: