Monday, June 11, 2012

Euro yes, Euro no

After all the predictions.  After all the PIIGS stuff in the news.  After the reports blaming Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, and Spain for being lazy, slovenly, immoral, defective people who NEED to be PUNISHED for joining the EU.  After some European folks I know spent a lot of time telling me Krugman was wrong, Krugman is the DEVILS SPAWN, etc., etc., etc.  After I'm told Europe is "much stronger" than the poor United States.

After all that  --  it looks like the beginning of the end, or perhaps the middle, or end of the end is unfolding.

Unless "something" happens, and soon, there will most likely be a huge SHOCK to the Euro  --  with waves causing shocks everywhere.

I now fear for the US economy.  I fear The DISLOYAL Opposition (The Republicans) have gone too far  --  they well might win the Presidential Election  --  but  --  I'm afraid they have ruined the economy to the point nothing they are willing to do will lead to recovery.  IF The Republicans win it might well lead to the END of the party.  We might even end up with three parties  --  two of which actually believe in American Values, and one on the right which follows the current un-American policies of today's Republican Party.

Gosh, there I go again, being a cock-eyed optimist.

No comments: