Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wisconsin

This from Dr. Krugman  --  no more from me today  --  I'm in mourning. (follow link to original)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

Wisconsin

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled with a passionate intensity. Obviously I’m not happy with the result; not just out of political sympathies, but because all the recent political trends have been rewarding the side that caused the very crisis from which it is now benefiting, not to mention politicians who have been wrong about everything since the crisis hit.
I’m even more unhappy with how it happened, with national Democrats basically sitting on their hands while conservatives poured resources into the race.
This combination of Democratic diffidence and confusion, on one side, with right-wing ferocity on the other, is the main subject of a long piece Robin and I just wrote for the NYRB; deadline pressure on that piece is why I blogged so little yesterday. So much more about it all in the near future.
Still, my rule for myself is, never give up. All seemed lost politically in 2004; it wasn’t. Then a lot of people, including, I’m sorry to say, Obama, slacked off after 2008, believing that the other side would have to compromise.
It’s never over, for good or bad. Keep on plugging.

1 comment:

Hgh reviews.org said...

Democrats basically sitting on their hands while conservatives poured resources into the race.