Friday, June 22, 2012

No Banks Eaten Today -- Fri 10:16 PM 2012

I looked at the date.  2012!  WOW!  When I was a child the very idea of 2012 was amazing, impossible, insane,  2012 meant I was 73 years old.  When I was 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - etc. the idea of living 73 years was beyond my comprehension.  Of course, this was back in the late 40's and early 50's (born in 1939) - back before digital watches, back when TV was new and coast to coast programs were impossible.  This was before cell phones  --  some folks still had "party lines", the phone was only for "emergencies", and radio was still important. 

It really was different  --  for one thing kids PLAYED.  There were few, if any, organized sports for kids.  Etc., etc., etc.

Anyway. I'm beginning to truly understand how old I am.  It's really interesting

No comments: