Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Reality

Today I spent a short time, with rest periods inbetween, cleaning house.  My back goes out almost immediately.  I break out in a sweat, and get rubber legged.  Then I sit a bit (as I'm doing now). 

That's the reality of cleaning after you get old.  My stamina no longer exists.

I lost a lot of weight before being diagnosed diabetic.  Some I wanted to lose - but the weight loss continued.  It seems diabetes can lead to weight loss if not treated.  Unfortunately, much of the loss was muscle mass  --  so, though once rather strong, I no longer am.

This inability to work steadily for an extended period pf time really angers me.  I know what I have to do, know how to do it, and can no longer get it done.

That's the reality of getting old.  Some folks try to deny it.  Some are in better shape than others, but sooner or later, it gets you. 

"Age is just a number" is a load of crap.  "You're only as old as you feel" is another load of crap. 

Here's a truth few want to tell you   --  "Getting old is much easier if you have help, and can afford to hire folks to doi the heavy work!!"  --  otherwise it can be difficult.

1 comment:

Classof65 said...

I think you need to give us more options, such as "Too True" and/or "How Horrible." However I am glad that you do not limit us to merely "Like" as FB does.