Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where To Invest Now

From Guzzo The Contrarian, the REAL lowdown on where to invest NOW!


"Where’s the best place to invest now to get the best bang for your buck?

Nope, I’m not talking about stocks or bonds, or even real estate. I’m talking buying something now at a 70-80% discount and realizing an immediate return, without having wait for things to turn around in the markets.

No, I’m not yanking your chain. Figure it out yet?

I’m talking about sartorials, baby. What?! Yes, clothes.

Now's The Time To Improve Your WardrobeI went shopping yesterday and just about replaced my entire wardrobe at unbelievable savings.

They’re giving the stuff away!

Consumers aren’t consuming. The retailer sector is experiencing the worst business conditions in decades and they’ll do almost anything to move inventory.

$90.00 dress shirts discounted to $18.00. Dress slacks originally selling at $100.00, now priced at $17.50. $17.50 for a pair of dress slacks! I’m not talking about crap either. High-end merchandise is being priced lower than the everyday stuff.

I’ve always replaced my clothing piecemeal in the past and wouldn’t have given this amount of spending a moment’s thought a couple of years ago. However, I just couldn’t pass on the current discounts.

It’s not only the prices. Service has improved too. Although my wife accompanied me on my shopping trip, the saleswomen still waited on me hand and foot and made the whole experience more enjoyable.

It’s nice to see the retailers returning to the concept of “customer service”.

So, if there’s any bright side to this recession, and if you happen to have some cash stashed away, now may just be a good time to take advantage of the significant discounts and services being offered, and invest in yourself."


Isn't that swell? If you have cash -- go to middle and high end stores -- and steal the stuff (more or less) --- AND, get better service. This while most of us Peons are still shopping at Wal-Mart.

Now, there's a new "destination mall" (or whatever you call it) across the lake from us in Rockwall, Texas -- I think they call it "The Harbor".

It has (or, is supposed to have) some fair to good restaurants. My Suzy and I went to a couple - and found ourselves made to feel UNWELCOME -- esp. at Gloria's - where the barely past teenybooper "greeter" tried to seat us in a closed section, then they totally screwed up the orders, made no apology, and made it clear they did not consider two older women their ideal customers -- esp. since we did not meet the Texas-Gracious-Old-Lady-Stereotype (I tend to wear a ball-cap and jeans -- it is a casual-dining type of place).

Perhaps they thought we were (shudder) LESBIANS.

In any case, though we eat out a bit, we will NEVER set foot in that mall again

(by the way, it's been looking more and more empty every time we pass by -- on our way somewhere else -- isn't that too bad?)

No comments: