Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WTF??

I'm going to be 70 in April. I've loved peanut butter all my life. Peanut butter and orange marmalade on white bread was my favorite sandwich for many years. I do not recall EVER seeing, or hearing about a peanut recall. It just did not happen. Our food was safe -- and, that's all she wrote.

Now, with the coyotes in charge of the henhouse, none of our food is safe anymore. Spinach, beef, peanut butter, and damn near everything else is questionable. Even our dogs and cats are at risk.

I guess the all powerful "marketplace" will solve all these problems -- but, how many people will have to die first? How many criminal CEO's will we have to string up? How many execs. will be sent to our version of Hunan for "re-education"?

If the Gov't does not do its job, what will We The People have to do to set things right?

I support Pres. Obama. I support an even larger stimulus program. I want to see our infrastructure renewed, rebuilt.

BUT ---- I'm getting closer to that point where I say, LET THEM ALL FAIL. Let those "too big to fail" banks and evil Corps. go down the tubes. Explain to the Supreme Court that Corporations are NOT "persons" -- they are just god-damn companies, trying to extort every last ounce of work and blood out of their workers before tossing them away.

Rebuild the system -- one brick at a time. This time: GREAT SCHOOLS for ALL. Great public spaces. Make ALL of Montana and Wyoming public land. Local banks. A halt to most "mergers and acquisitions". Allow no firm to be "too big to fail".

Return to Government those functions that belong to Government.

Teach most "pundits" a trade (like fixing shoes) -- and close down the Chicago School of Economics, and all its acolytes

No comments: