Saturday, January 22, 2011

I HAD to look at the news. WHEN will I LEARN?

O.K., late last night I put up some music so I wouldn't have to even LOOK at the news today. Unfortunately, I opened up "Some Assembly Required" and was AMAZED (once again) at the utter STUPIDITY of our "leaders".

I should not have looked. It's painful. At times, when you read the entire article first, the utter insanity is lessened by the volume of words -- and, perhaps, "willful misunderstanding". Go there and read for yourself. Click on the links and read the original articles and news briefs -- then hide your head and cry.

I think our "Masters Of The Universe" are going to pay the price for their willful stupidity -- so will all the rest of us.

It will not be a revolution. Nor will it be a takeover (I hope). It WILL be another huge depression -- worldwide. Trust me, I know, there's always a hangover after any sort of binge. We've been binging.

------------------------------------

(please follow link to original)

What's Love Got To Do With It? Representative Edward Markey (D-MA) wants an Treasury Secretary Geithner to investigate the BP/Rosneft stock swap. Mr. Geithner could begin by explaining to Mr. Markey that BP is a British company and Rosneft a Russian one and that neither of them had to ask 'May I'.

God & Country: Seymour Hersh, with a long record of inconvenient investigative coups, is now reporting that a secret group of Christian nutcases has taken over much of the US military and have, in effect, “overthrown the American government” and replaced it with a fraternity of Crusading Knights Templar. Hope he includes the nuts at Colorado Springs.

Ignorance is Bliss: The outlook for the economy does not support the market's current valuation. There is a (nicely recited) very long list of domestic and global economic issues that point to problems ahead, while the technical measures indicate a significant market decrease awaits. But the market promises more, more, and ever more; thus we dance. It is now abundantly clear that it will take a crisis far larger than 2008 to teach the necessary lesson.

No comments: