Friday, December 3, 2010

something different, original, new -- or maybe a bit of the usual crap, stuff we've come to expect.

O.K. now, here I am, looking for something, something to put up on this thing I call a blog -- so, I go to places like Raw Story or Some Assembly Required - maybe they might just have a headline that leads me to something I (that's me, I) can write about -- instead of just forwarding canned reports.

I've been unable to watch the news, been unable to watch Olbermann or Maddow -- every time they cut away to almost any lying sack of shit political leader, I begin to mumble. It gets louder. Very soon I'm channeling my inner Lewis Black -- with snorts, noises, and my yelling back at the TV set.

At that point, I leave and go watch MLB Network, or some nature show with a calmly droning narrator.

eventually I get up -- go to the computer -- and, here I am ------------------ Then I see headlines like: "Nigeria to charge Dick Cheney in bribery case", or, "Drugmaker used ghost writers to author work bylined by academics". Next comes, "Feds tracking credit cards, store purchases without warrant: report", and "SWEDEN PROBING ASSANGE FOR SEX WITHOUT CONDOM".

That's just the beginning. Next I go to "Some Assembly Required" and read, "Perspective: The Deficit Commission was set up to devise ways to trim the US budget deficit. As you evaluate their recommendations, keep in mind that the deficit is primarily caused by: The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Bush's 2001 and 2003 tax cuts for the rich. Medicare, and the economic downturn caused by greedy, short sighted Wall Street bankers. So naturally the commission's suggested cure is to cut Social Security.", and "Made In America: In bailing out Wall Street somehow the fed gave the most money to two European banks - Deutsche Bank got $29o billion and Credit Suisse got $287 billion. The Fed shoveled more money into foreign banks via currency swaps with foreign central banks who passed the money on to their banks. And non-banks made out pretty well, including Caterpillar, General Electric, Harley Davidson, McDonald’s, Toyota and Verizon.".

At this point --- why go further? Why even bother?

Our electorate voted for a young, non-traditional (by this I mean, "Not an old white man") candidate -- and found they got an old white man in drag. So, here I am, back to sputtering, back to questioning every move this supposedly "Democratic Administration" makes, every word they say.

I understand why they hate Nancy Pelosi so much -- she's a REAL Democrat, one of the few.

There's little more to say --- perhaps Firedoglake says it best in a piece titled: "Late Night: The FUTURE Is… REVEALED! Holy Toboggans!" -- it was put up Weds Dec1.

go read it.

No comments: