Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gay Agenda This, Gay Agenda That

Geez I'm tired.

I'm tired of going through the same fight over and over. Gay menace. Gay agenda. Gay this, Gay that.

Over and over -- forever.

I'll be 70 in April --- nothing has really changed.

I do not want to be an "activist".

I don't want folks in restaurants screwing up our orders in a way that makes it VERY clear they do not want us to return ("Gloria's" in Rockwall, Tx. - among others). I do not want to worry if our lovely home has been attacked by some strange person.

I can't tell you how many times the thought crosses my mind when we are coming home from a concert or restaurant. I don't want to feel grateful when we are treated "normally" by a server or clerk. I don't want to think someone a "friend", only to be faced with their deep seated, institutionalized homophobia.

I'm getting too old for this crap. In truth, I'm just another old woman -- I don't need various forms of homophobic bias in addition to the indignities of advancing age, and the "normal" misogyny of American Society.

Isn't it time we actually lived up to the actual IDEALS of the USA, those articulated in the Declaration of Independence, and The Constitution?

No comments: