Thursday, December 4, 2008

Good customer service

After all my recent complaints, I had to deal with an internet order that had some problems.

I ordered some fishing tackle from Cabela's. Fishing stuff is like shoes or purses -- you always NEED more -- rods, reels, line, lures, accessories, filet knives, etc., etc., etc.

I bought my sweet honey some stuff I KNOW she needed -- even if SHE does not know it. At the same time I picked up some absolute, real, super-duper bargains for myself.

Stuff just delivered -- left outside by UPS -- problem with the order, long, 7 foot box broken in half (looks like it was cut), one of the reels in my super cheap, super value, combo with broken, bent, handle.

The ultra patient young woman in customer service, marked it all down - in case there is other, non-visible damage (sometimes rods that have very small nicks or cuts will "explode" when fighting a fish - you just have to be there), and is sending a new combo - to replace the damaged one. And, by the way, do not send anything back.

I was amazed at how easy, prompt, the entire transaction was. By the way, customer service appeared to by located in the USA, manned (and womaned) by people to whom Mid-Western-English was a first language

Shop Cabela's.

No comments: