Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Aside from the USA Women's Soccer Team getting into the World Cup finals, the news today SUCKS!

Of late I've seen headlines about all the different deals Boehner, McConnell, and Obama seem to be cooking up -- the kinds of deals that do NOTHING, change NOTHING, but allow ALL sides to claim "victory", run on their "accomplishments", and "kick the can" down the road to 2012.

Since all the raise the debt limit crap is a manufactured "crisis", something every Congress has done for every President since FOREVER, I'm actually happy everyone is willing to claim a "symbolic victory".

The fact not ONE of the "players" actually gives a DAMN about The United States of America seems to be unimportant to all the "movers and shakers".

It also plays into the hands of the "pundits" who see politics as "sport".

I guess the fact theyare fairly well heeled means they just CAN'T give a damn about all us "great unwashed" out here.

I'm seriously thinking of taking a few days off. Perhaps one or two little things -- and a lot of music.

Unless something starts burning in my gut -- I'll be putting up music for the rest of the day.

No comments: